Habitat for Humanity of Ravalli County now has a housing repair program called the Home Repair Program.
- Habitat for Humanity’s Home Repair Program is a nation-wide program serving lower income homeowners who struggle to maintain the interior and/or exterior of their homes.
- We focuses on minor and major home improvements such as painting, minor repairs, and clean-up. Groups of volunteers work together to repair a home.
- The Program serves lower income homeowners selected on the basis of need, ability to repay a no-interest loan, and willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Payments made by the partner family are placed in a revolving fund to help the Home Repair Program serve others in need.
- We strive to uses local volunteers, donated materials, and no-interest loans to make improvements and repairs that help lower income homeowners continue to live independently and securely in their homes.
- The Home Repair Program is part of Habitat’s Neighborhood Repair Initiative. This initiative is a holistic approach, assisting communities as well as families. It is designed to revitalize the appearance of the neighborhood, encourage connections within the community, and help preserve affordable housing stock.